Author Topic: Sudo fuck Linux !  (Read 5139 times)

jsl61

• View Profile
Sudo fuck Linux !
« on: August 17, 2007, 03:49:00 pm »
I´ve tried Mythdora , knoppmyth , ubuntu with mythtv.
MY GOOD,I did my best to make it work  but it wasn´t enough. I´m more or less an expert with Windows but thats 10 times more user friendly and most things makes sense. It seems that Linux people , they spend most time with their finger up in the arse , instead of on the pulse .
I tried with three different dvb-t capture cards and none of the programmes found one single one !!!!!!!! Then I started to google the problems  and found out that I should download different files and compile them and then install the hole shitload.
Install Ubuntu in 20 minutes !!!!!!!!      Ha..................
Thats when you have no hardware besides what it takes to run a basic pc.
20 minutes became all weekend . All weekend became all week !!!!!!!!!
All week became " FUCK LINUX  " and long live Windows . I put an install cd in my pc and 2minutes later all my newly bought hardware is running .

All the Linux distributes are light years behind  Apple and windows when it comes to the use of it for normal people , who actually have a life doing other things than sitting in front of a Monitor .
Sudo fuck Linux .
Jorgen

sp00nhead

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Sudo fuck Linux !
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 04:55:04 pm »

Just out of intrest could you post what hardware you were trying to use

delta_9

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 05:31:23 pm »
dude you will get there just takes time reading stuff. my advise take it or leave it. do the reading/research first than order parts i understand you are use to windows so am i...it is just different and i do agree hardware compatibility is it's big draw back with linux.

mac is just plain fu<ked propriety shit.also  i work in a situation where i come in contact with Mac users.it is like the last thing they ask and it should be the first thing  "this hardware compatible with my mac".grrrr you should of asked that 15 mins a go you* dick head  98% of the time it is no and even when it is they are to fu<kin stupid they don't even use the disk or try to install it.
this often plays out in my mind guy walks in to my store and says
Guy
 " Hi i'm a mac "
Me
 "hi speak slowly don't hurt your self ...sooo you were saying... when exactly did the remove your brain again ? "

fuckin idiots can i return this it's not compatible with my mac GRRR i could kill you! with a classy white sledge hammer ROFL

DISCLAIMER*

( my experience is with Australian Mac users cannot comment about other country's obviously not all mac users fall in to this category )
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 05:34:06 pm by delta_9 »

jsl61

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 09:31:46 pm »
Hauppage nova t 500 dual dvb-t pci , the usb version and Pinnacle usb stick pro.
What a headache it gave me and I gave up for the time being , like many others .  The Hauppage has a cristal clear picture and runs well with all windows made software ( MCE , Cyberlink , showshifter , Media Portal ect.)
The Linux MCE just sound like the cream of the cream , when you watch the intro video , but I doubt that it will work because based on a ubuntu install .
Jorgen

cirion

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:48:04 pm »
I see your problem... You watched the video, and those analogue PVR cards worked GREAT... DVB-T is a different story.
I'm trying to install a Hauppauge HVR-4000 myself and I'm not shure where to start... I hope DVB will be supported in the next version of LinuxMCE and be as easy to install as those PVR cards.

jsl61

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 09:54:51 am »
"light years behind" did I write and not all that wrong . If its true that linuxmce doesnt support DVB-t cards , then I better stop downloading the cd´s .  When I was compiling drivers in my first try ( MythDora ) I did see some well nown dvb tuners among in the the text ?
Jorgen.

sp00nhead

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 10:23:39 am »
DVB-T card do work in mythtv really well i've got 4 Avermedia PCI card in an old machine i've used for ages to record stuff.
With DVB-T cards you will need to use the mythtv-setup and manualy set them up. HAve a look at the mythtv forums for help there.
Also the nice thing with DVB card in the UK, is that you have over the air 7 day EPG.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 06:11:38 pm »
Dont waste your time on this troll.  If he's that happy with windows, he'll get what he deserves. 
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous