Author Topic: DVB Support  (Read 12787 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
DVB Support
« on: August 15, 2005, 05:45:24 am »
Hi,

I've been using MythTV for almost 12 months now with a variety of DVB cards (I'm in Australia).  From what I've read on the forums so far, it sounds like it's possible to use any card supported in the 2.6.10 kernel.  Is that correct?

Also, you're using a wrapper to MythTV.  Does that mean that you use MythTV's scheduler for scheduling programs?  And is the MythTV web interface also available in the standard install, or is that one of the "plugins" that isn't supported?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
DVB Support
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 07:28:33 pm »
hello,

yes everything inside myth is unaffected.  When you touch the watch TV button, we simply spawn the myth front-end, and display a remote control that lists the myth commands, and simply sends those commands to myth.  We may no changes to myth itself, so all the functionality is the same.

and yes you should be able to use any DVB card.  We are also working on incorporating vdr project, which is specifically designed for DVB cards that are able to provide EPG data within the stream, so you do not need XML TV or another grabber.  That module is probably about one month away.