I have a small config that includes a Core/Hybrid and 2 MD's where is use wifi so no cabling is required.
here are the main parts of my hardware config:
- DVB-S Satellite card "Technisat Skystar 2 with rs232 dongle and remote"
- DVB-S Satellite card "Twinhan vp1025 pci" (the usb remote control does not work since hiddev grab the
keys as if it was a keyboard and this makes a real mess, however it's is not lmce related and works
with my infrared serial receiver).
- Wifi card Ralinkk rt2500 pci
- Mother board Mercury PVCLE266-M (works but i would not recommand using this as an md since the
graphic card is via based mpeg encoding is painfully slow you'll waste an lot of time tweaking the best)
- Mother board Asus A7N8X2 (works like a charm with 1Gb of ram)
- Laptop ibm T43 (works great as MD with wifi)
- Homebrew Infrared Serial Receiver ( http://lirc.org/receivers.html
- Homebrew Infrared Serial Transmitter ( http://lirc.org/transmitters.html
i can transmit raw codes using
lirc manually but i need to found a way to convert raw codes to pronto format)
- Mobile phone Nokia 6600 (well it works but it is far to slow to be usable by an end user, i would
recommend using it just to have a clue about what PlutoMO looks like).
DOES NOT WORK:
- DVB-S Satellite card "Twinhan VP7021 usb" (This just never worked so far in Linux lacking driver
- Video capture card "InnoDV MediaCombo III" (it's a bt878 based card but the driver does not support
the video conversion chipset)