Author Topic: Presentation of media  (Read 4064 times)

sveinh

• View Profile
Presentation of media
« on: August 14, 2007, 12:40:47 am »
Hi.

I've been able to get mp3s onto my core and they display on the MDs oki.

It seems that when browsing the music, the browser displays every folder and every file trying to show a picture for all of them.

Is there a way that I can specify that only the folder (e.g. CD) display coverart, and when opening a CD, the songs are displayed without showing album-art for every song on the CD?

Thanks!

-s

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Presentation of media
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:01:16 am »
I did this on accident for some of my videos, so it may work for your MP3's.

You can go to Files & Media -> Media Files Sync and navigate to the folder above the folder you want to change in the tree view on the left pane. This should display the folder in question (as well as other folders and/or media) in the right pane. You can then click on that folder in the right pane to adjust it's info (add the picture). New select the folder from the tree view on the left pane to display the folder contents in the right pane. Then remove the picture from each of those files.

That's a lot of work to be sure, but it might get the job done. Personally, I issued a lot of mass update SQL commands to get most of my data set correctly for my media. It was just much easier and faster that way.

sveinh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 03:48:37 pm »
thanks for your suggestion.

But, for 15 thousant songs, all in albums, the task would be tremendous!

Is LinuxMCE using the same media browser for files, music, pictures etc?

Would it noe be possible to tell the viewer (or have it auto-sense) what media is in the folders?

-s

dopey

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 12:16:48 am »
I'm not sure what you mean by "auto-sense" what's in the media folder. LinuxMCE does know what kind of media it is. Actually, it may take a little while for the UpdateMedia script to flag everything in the database, but I know it does do this... Sometimes even when I'd rather it not...

sveinh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 01:54:56 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean by "auto-sense" what's in the media folder. LinuxMCE does know what kind of media it is. Actually, it may take a little while for the UpdateMedia script to flag everything in the database, but I know it does do this... Sometimes even when I'd rather it not...

I guess it has something to do with the music player. What I would like to do is to browse my music based on the meta-informaton in the mp3s in various ways, by artist, by album, by .......whatever. Whenever displaying a list of alubms, I would like to the the album-art pictures, when listing songs, I would like to the se album-art picture once, not for every file in the list.

-s