Author Topic: Paradox EVO/Digiplex/DigilexNE alarm panel intergration  (Read 5319 times)

highsecurity

• View Profile
Paradox EVO/Digiplex/DigilexNE alarm panel intergration
« on: August 12, 2007, 01:21:01 pm »
Hi Everone

I'm new to this board and found this site after my standard DVD player died and i'm looking at using linuxMCE to replace it.

now about me, I'm a security technician in Australia and use a lot of paradox alarm panels due to the great amount of power and flexablity they offer. The digiplex/EVO panel offers a standard security system with the ability to add access control and a home automation module that puts out a printer,serial and USB connention. The best part is you can have multiples of these units attached to the system, the unit can run as a printer module or switch it into home automation mode and it can talk Cbus (a home automation system made buy Clipsal) or ASCII allowing you to fully control the system.

now i'm a complete linux noob but i have fun by trying to get things working and if your interested i could be able to get you guys the serial comands for this panel intergation and test drivers etc

i also work closely with an audio visual company that deals in setting up highend homes and we both have been looking for some thing of this prodjects calibre.

let me know what i can do to help

jcs2812

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Paradox EVO/Digiplex/DigilexNE alarm panel intergration
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 10:40:55 am »
Hi. i'm looking for the protocol / serial comands for the Paradox Spectra SP6000 panel.

Thanks.

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 12:15:39 pm »
does this use the APR3-PRT3?

br, Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

highsecurity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 12:23:04 pm »
The SP6000 does not support the APR-PRT3 or now called PRT3 module only the EVO or spectra panels

and buy the way Hari have you had much of a look at this yet

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 04:12:55 pm »
We haven't had time to look at any of that. Hari has been busy implementing a complete Z-Wave driver, and has recently taken on other bits of code that are more critical at this time.

-Thom