Author Topic: Fiire remote shown in demo  (Read 21866 times)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiire remote shown in demo
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 12:54:46 am »
Sounds like a lot of good ideas, but to be honest I am nowhere near hacking these drivers (or the mobile orbiter) yet.  I suspect that disconnecting often to see if there is a stronger signal available would also interfere with the communication.  This however might not be a problem for other devices with bluetooth that communicate over wifi.

For now I'll be perfectly happy to press 2 buttons when I want to move to another room. ;)  I have looked around a bit for a class 3 dongle but the only one I could find has a range of 10m (in other words it's really a class 2 ::)).

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Fiire remote shown in demo
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 07:17:09 pm »
Well I bought a class 2 dongle for 6 euri, so that won't be a big loss if I ruin it.  Didn't even needed to break the case as it slid right open, I'll post pictures if this operation is sucessfull.

My plan of attack is to cut through the "antenna" integrated on the circuitboard since I don't have the schematics and the aerial is just about the only part I can clearly make out.  Now I need to decide whether to try cutting it "in half" or disconnecting the whole thing first. I can probably always restore it with a bit of solder unless the transmission circuit gets fried.

If anyone has better ideas or other suggestions please let me know, as I won't get to it today anyway.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous