Author Topic: PXE Boot problems  (Read 4923 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PXE Boot problems
« on: July 29, 2005, 05:44:31 pm »
Hi,

We have a working dedicated core (2.0.0.26) and are having some problems adding new Diskless MediaDirectors. When we add these via the local PlutoHome web interface using Wizard:Devices:MediaDirectors and boot the MediaDirector the PXE boot commences but stops with the message:

'No boot scripts wer configured for the device nnnnn for 'S''

and the login prompt.

It looks like only part of the remote boot setup is being performed when we add a MediaDirector via the local PlutoHome Web interface. Has something been 'broken' in .26? We have not added any new MediaDirectors to our setup for quite a while now so would not have noticed this problem in recent weeks.

Another possibly related problem is that when we add a remote boot MediaDirector via the local PlutoHome web interface we get 2 entries for the MediaDirector in question. ie we click 'Add Device' and fill in the fields required and then click 'Update'. When the page redraws and we scroll down the list of MediaDirectors we see two entries for the MediaDirector we just added.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PXE Boot problems
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 09:52:44 am »
First, sorry for delay

After you add a diskless M/D and you specify MAC address, you must click on "Setup Diskless Media Directors", wait for the setup process to complete, then do a ‘quick reload router’, and then you can bootup your new diskless media director.

We released 2.0.0.27 and i just tested on our test machines addind M/D's and there are no problems.

If you didn't follow up these steps please try again.
Related to duplicate entries, I can't repro here this problem.

you can also try to upgrade your system to 2.0.0.27 and check if the problem persists.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Remote boot problem
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 11:48:57 am »
Thanks for the reply.

We have been setting up our Media Directors as you describe. However when the MD boots it stops at a prompt:

Moon1 tty:

But does not actually run any of the Pluto scripts or code.

Regards

Andrew

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PXE Boot problems
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 05:17:59 pm »
Just to add some more information to the previous post. We were going through a tidy-up exercise and had deleted all the media directors hoping to recreate them within  the core-based Pluto-admin web-site.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
PXE Boot problems
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 12:32:38 pm »
I'm calling Win and he'll enable remote assistance and I'll look into this.