Author Topic: Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit  (Read 3353 times)

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit
« on: August 07, 2007, 04:04:47 pm »
Hi

First  all I would like to praise all the team for some great work.
I have done some with pluto before and found thisa a lot easier and quicker to get up and running. Keep up the good work.

I have just bought a Haupauge MCE kit as an MCE remote was recommended. This kit also came with a USB Ir reciever and blaster. I am wondering if this can be used for IR in/out and if anyone has any tips on getting it installed and setup.

Regards

Hoochster

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 04:34:07 pm »
I haven't used the one that comes with Hauppauge but I assume it is still the same remote and ir.  I want to use mine as a blaster too, and I know the drivers are out there, just haven't had time myself to try and get it going.  Hopefully others have tried, and if not hopefully between all of us it won't be a major task.  Maybe this week I can find the time to work on it myself heh.

fibres

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • LinuxMCE 08.10 RC Mirror.
Re: Hauppauge MCE Remote Control Kit
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 05:22:17 am »
Well I have had sucess with using the Reciever unit and the remote itself. In the admin section for the Media Director I selected the Infrared Recievers option I selected MCE_USB and rebooted the system and then plugged in the reciever.

This automatially picked up the reciever and selected the mce remote and all works. Not tried the Blaster part yet but will post my experiences when I get to that stage.

Regards