Author Topic: Playing DVD  (Read 9532 times)

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Playing DVD
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 08:29:26 pm »
What I also thinking about is if the Region is already properly set for this DVD drive? Nicola, were you using this drive with windows and was it already playing DVDs, or this is some new 'just purchased' DVD drive?

nicola

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 10:09:51 pm »
The player, which is also a recorder, is on a linux only computer, it has been never used under windows and with other programs like totem works perfectly.

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 10:19:50 pm »
OK, can you please repeat tests with 1st time inserting DVD (no need to play, just insert and confirm it still fails) also doing
tail -f /var/log/syslog
tail -f /var/log/messages
on console to see if there will be any messages there right after insertion of DVD

sppudzz160

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 06:38:45 am »
I am having this exact same issue. Did any find a fix yet. Other funny thing is that if i rip a cd to the HD i cannot access it. Nothing happens when i press the video menu.

Thanks

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 04:46:56 pm »
I am having this exact same issue. Did any find a fix yet. Other funny thing is that if i rip a cd to the HD i cannot access it. Nothing happens when i press the video menu.

Thanks

Check availability and permissions of files in the /home/public/data/videos/. Be sure that you copied DVD in to public area not in private directory of some user in your system.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru