Author Topic: Finding GC100  (Read 4248 times)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Finding GC100
« on: August 02, 2007, 02:58:38 pm »
I have reset my gc100 to factory defaults, clicked the "Add GC100" button which brings me to a screen saying "Finding GC100" with an OK button.  The lights on the GC100 blink a few times, and then nothing happens.  I have left it like this overnight only to find the "OK" button missing the next morning.  It's not showing up in the web admin either.  I had the same thing with Beta2, only this system now is cleanly installed and has not been messed with (yet).  When I try it again it says "GC100 Not Found as factory default", unless I reset it to factory defaults again and start over (with the same result).

I haven't done this (sucessfully) before, so I must admit that I do not really know what to expect (or what I'm doing for that matter).  Any hints on where to look or what could be wrong would be greatly appreciated.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

caiman

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Finding GC100
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 11:16:09 am »
I had trouble getting the gc100 recognized. Some troubleshooting led me to find that there was a bug in the gc100 install script that came with LMCE 1.1-b2, so that it would not detect the MAC address of the gc100. So I have made some dirty hacks to hardcode the MAC address, you can find the info in the post here: http://smart-home-blog.com/archives/688 (comments section)
I should file a mantis for this, but I don't know if I am the only one with that same prob.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Finding GC100
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 03:56:34 pm »
I had trouble getting the gc100 recognized. Some troubleshooting led me to find that there was a bug in the gc100 install script that came with LMCE 1.1-b2, so that it would not detect the MAC address of the gc100. So I have made some dirty hacks to hardcode the MAC address, you can find the info in the post here: http://smart-home-blog.com/archives/688 (comments section)
I should file a mantis for this, but I don't know if I am the only one with that same prob.
Thank you so much for that hint, I think it's pretty safe to say that the gc100 support is definately broken.  And since it's a perl script (/usr/pluto/bin/gc100-conf.pl), I have no way of fixing it properly.  So I just went with the hardcoded-mac hack, now it works.  I also found the logfile for this script, just in case anyone else is interested in trouble shooting:
/var/log/pluto/gc100-conf.log

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous