Author Topic: Change UI  (Read 5691 times)

tthaulow

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Change UI
« on: July 31, 2007, 11:52:28 am »
Hi

Installed RC1 successfully as a hybrid, but during the installation I chose UI2 with masking (which shouldt work). There must be some kind of problem with this because the orbiter (on-screen) never show up. Just some flashes of OpenGL frame and then nothing.

I therefore wanted to try UI1, but cannot find a way to switch! In beta2 there used to a field in the Launch Manager or in Web admin, but they are gone. I feel very stupid, must have overlooked something.

Thomas
amd64, asus A8N-SLI, 2gb ram, 500gb sata ++, nvidia 6800.
TV: Sony KDV-50E2010
nad 761 DD/DTS reciever via SPDIF

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Change UI
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 01:06:41 pm »
(the option to change UI type from LM is gone now - it was creating many problems)

Press "Change resolution" button on "Video" tab of LM -- the AV Wizard should start on the next reboot, and you can select another UI type there. Alternatively, you can simply keep "Shift" pressed during boot of system, and it should also run the AV Wizard.

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2007, 05:02:56 pm »
Assuming that this option still exists in 1.1RC1, you can also change these settings using the pluto webadmin under Wizard/Devices/Media Directors.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 05:08:09 pm »
Assuming that this option still exists in 1.1RC1, you can also change these settings using the pluto webadmin under Wizard/Devices/Media Directors.

Nope.  It was removed from the Media Directors page as well.

tthaulow

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 10:12:37 am »
Thanks for the answer.
Thre seem to be a problem with the modelines generated by LMCE, each time I use them my screen goes black. If I swich to generic modes in xorg.conf (1024x768) my screen is readable again. This also is the case of the 640x480 modeline in xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard. It is therefore impossible to run the AVWizard. I have tried to cange xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard manually, but it seems to generate again. My linux knowledge is rather limited so I am stuck. Any ideas?

My TV is a Sony 50" projector LCD wich is connected with VGA (and also DVI to HDMI if I want) to av nvidia 6800 LE.
amd64, asus A8N-SLI, 2gb ram, 500gb sata ++, nvidia 6800.
TV: Sony KDV-50E2010
nad 761 DD/DTS reciever via SPDIF

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 04:55:52 am »

Nope.  It was removed from the Media Directors page as well.

Having installed RC1 just to verify that ;) I found the option to change the UI under Wizard/Devices/Orbiters, the option to change resolution under Wizard/Devices/Media Directors however is indeed gone. 

Thanks for the answer.
Thre seem to be a problem with the modelines generated by LMCE, each time I use them my screen goes black. If I swich to generic modes in xorg.conf (1024x768) my screen is readable again. This also is the case of the 640x480 modeline in xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard. It is therefore impossible to run the AVWizard. I have tried to cange xorg.conf.pluto.avwizard manually, but it seems to generate again. My linux knowledge is rather limited so I am stuck. Any ideas?

My TV is a Sony 50" projector LCD wich is connected with VGA (and also DVI to HDMI if I want) to av nvidia 6800 LE.

There is a half finished wiki page on installing the latest video drivers, which also has some instructions on setting up the xorg.conf file by hand, it might have just enough info to get you going: http://wiki.linuxmce.com/index.php/Display_Drivers

"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous