Author Topic: Samsung and RS-232C?  (Read 5560 times)

hyperion007

• View Profile
Samsung and RS-232C?
« on: December 19, 2007, 08:47:33 am »
I posted this in the help wanted section but that might just be the wrong place to put it so I post it here:

Hi everyone!

I am looking for the rs-232 "codes" for the LE40M86BD LCD TV made by Samsung. This is its European part number, Don't really know what it is called in the US. I called Samsung here in Sweden and they confirmed that the "EX-LINK" or sometimes called "Service port" 3.5mm phono-jack is indeed a RS-232 port, but they did not have the codes for this.

I have been searching the net for about 5 days now and I found ONE forum page with a guy talking about how he got a hold of the codes for a samsung LCD tv. No were else have I found any info about this.

Why can't Samsung put all this RS-232 info in the manual like Sharp has done so well!

Anyway, I thought you guys might know or could help me find out.

Thanks for Any help I can get!

Best regards
/Dan from Sweden!

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
Re: Samsung and RS-232C?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 09:42:22 am »
Hello Dan,

try the manual for one of their plasmas http://www.samsungforbusiness.com/management/products/PPM42M7HBXXAA_RS232_M6H_M7H_Plasma.pdf. I have read that most of the Samsungs understand the same codes

hth
regards
Oliver

hari

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
    • ago control
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 05:06:36 pm »
Hello Dan,

try the manual for one of their plasmas http://www.samsungforbusiness.com/management/products/PPM42M7HBXXAA_RS232_M6H_M7H_Plasma.pdf. I have read that most of the Samsungs understand the same codes

hth
regards
Oliver
i got a statement from samsung germany that the rs232 port is only for service maintenance.
It would be great if the codes would work.. it's the only missing feature from the M86/87 series.

best regards,
Hari
rock your home - http://www.agocontrol.com home automation

Matthew

• Douchebag
  • Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 04:58:34 pm »
I've got a Samsung HLS5087WX/XAA. It's got an RS-232C and a USB "WiseLink". Any chance it can be controlled by LMCE? If only by IR, has that been documented for this model?

Marie.O

• Administrator
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Wastes Life On LinuxMCE Since 2007
    • View Profile
    • My Home
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2007, 10:21:15 pm »
i got a statement from samsung germany that the rs232 port is only for service maintenance.
It would be great if the codes would work.. it's the only missing feature from the M86/87 series.

Do you have a chance to test the connection using the supplied information?

rgds
Oliver