I am building a system for use as a PVR. But I have some questions about Linux MCE first before I decide to use it.
1. I have heard that an Nvidia 6xxx video card will work best. What about an Nvidia GeForce 7600GS?
2. Although I would like to have a higher end processor I would also like to keep this system cheap. Would a Sempron 64 3000 be able to work as well as an Athlon 64 X2 3600?
3. Will Linux MCE recognize 2 TV capture cards? (both would be Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150)
4. I would like to be able to use the computer for web browsing and games, specifically Stepmania and Cedega, as well as for PVR functions. Can this be done without switching desktops?
5. How well will the remote that comes with the Hauppauge WINTV-PVR-150 work?
6. Which version of Ubuntu should I use? I have downloaded Ubuntu Desktop 6.06 LTS as it has many more years of support ahead of it. Will this work better than 7.04? And what about the Ubuntu derivatives such as KUbuntu?
If someone could help me with these questions that would be great.