Author Topic: Cant write to Pipe  (Read 2921 times)

Candyman1985

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Cant write to Pipe
« on: July 15, 2007, 01:09:47 pm »
Hi,

installed Ubuntu 6.1 for MCE 1.0 (there where Problems). Than I have installed Ubuntu 7.04 for MCE 1.1 B2.
When I start the Installer I get the Message, that I cant write to the Pipe. Input/Output Error.
I used the Search-Function but only one persone had the same Problem. He can solved it b/c he updated his BIOS. My Bios is up to date.

My PC: Asus M2A-VM HDMI, 2 GB RAM, onBoard Graphics (Xpress1250)

I hope someone can help me!

Greetz
Matthias

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
Re: Cant write to Pipe
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 06:13:04 pm »
There are some known problems with the SATA controller on that specific mainboard and the kernel version used by (K)Ubuntu < 7.10, please see the Asus M2A-VM wikipage for more details.

At the moment I'm using an IDE drive without problems.  And I have just patched up the driver in the "old" Kubuntu kernel source (I want to use more then 4GB of memory so I need to recompile anyway), seems to work ok so far, but it's a little early to draw any conclusions.  There could be all sorts of breakage in the stuff I don't use (yet).
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

Candyman1985

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 11:19:54 pm »
Thanks for your answer. I will test it with Kubuntu 7.10 the next days. I hope it works. I will reply here to say whats going on with my trial.

I use only an IDE-Device.

greetz

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 06:02:33 am »
Well if you're only going to use IDE devices, you can just use Kubuntu Feisty 7.04 and get a good experience with LMCE without all the breakage. 
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous