Author Topic: MCE vs XLOBBY  (Read 6642 times)

mkaylor

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
MCE vs XLOBBY
« on: July 12, 2007, 04:35:13 pm »
Take a look at a (free for now) product for Windows called XLobby.  I think this is where MCE should head.  LinuxMCE already surpassed Microsoft Media Center.  Now it's time to set the next goal.

XLobby is geard towards making your own screens and touch panel pages.  It has a built in easy to use editor with stateful buttons.  It's just a fantastic program that runs on a crap OS!

Mike

totor

• First post!
    • View Profile
Re: MCE vs XLOBBY
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 11:33:12 am »
You're wright.

I'm an active french user (plugin developper) of Xlobby, and some point on the xlobby architecture are really interesting... some other not (not really open).

Now i think that i will move from xlobby to another media center... So i am looking everywhere actually....
THe linux mce project is really interesting.
MediaPortal also (a lot of similitude with xlobby and, totally open-source, but on windows).

But it's could be very cool to have some of theses good features from these windows media center on linux mce...

Totor

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 04:33:39 pm »
wow xlobby does look very interesting. i would love to see some of this functionality on linuxmce. i know it would take a lot of time to get it in there but some of it would really add some shine to LMCE.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

geekincolorado

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 04:42:37 am »
A person should also take a look at the MVIX 760-hd http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/drives/8e50/  it runs embedded uClinux and all that is needed is a hard drive. 

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 06:05:06 am »
The MVIX is interesting but the claims for wireless HD should be qualified. It uses the Sigma 8621 which has been replaced in newer designs with the 8634. The 8634 it supposed to be very good. One company is using it for a reference video playback unit for HD Video production studios (much cheaper than the usual stuff).

geekincolorado

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 09:36:10 pm »
1audio can you please point to some of the newer designs that have the new chipset as I contacted MVIX and they don't have anything to ship with this newer chipset till 2nd Quarter 2008

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:09 pm »
There are two products shipping with the 8634 that I know of. The Pioneer bluray player and the Wired MasonIP media adapter. Both are expensive but cheaper products are coming.