Author Topic: Enable something after selecting to "Never" use it  (Read 2383 times)

Arceliar

• First post!
    • View Profile
Enable something after selecting to "Never" use it
« on: August 19, 2007, 12:37:48 am »
I've looked around for about two hours now both on my device and on the forum with no leads thus far, so, if anyone has any idea how to fix this, it would be much appreciated:

If I select a device to use and then decide not to, I can simply remove the device form the admin page. But what if when new hardware is detected I chose to "never" use the hardware instead of selecting yes or no? I assume the hardware is added to a blacklist of sorts, but I have not been able to find such a list to re-enable a device.

Specifically I'm speaking of a networked samba share which was formerly malfunctioning but recently fixed. I had chosen to "never" use the device simply to avoid the recurring message every time it joined the network, but now I cannot seem to find any sort of blacklist to remove the device from.

I am in no dire need to get to anything at the moment and I have little of value on my LMCE install at the moment, but short of a full reinstallation I am frankly out of ideas. So if there's any way I can avoid that...yeah...

Thanks in advance for any help.

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Enable something after selecting to "Never" use it
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 12:57:47 am »
in the web admin....click advanced on the right....and go to configuration...then unknown devices. you can unblock it from there.
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P