Author Topic: How to change house mode from external systems  (Read 6152 times)

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
How to change house mode from external systems
« on: July 04, 2007, 11:17:47 pm »
Hi,

I'm thinking about most convenient way of syncing certain kind of informations between LMCE and home automation system I have.

For instance :
- I'd like to set House mode in either system and then propagate new state into another system. For instance, user comes into house and types PIN code on one of LCD keypads of automation system. Now I'd like to put house into Unarmed mode. How can I do this ? Can I send DCE message for this ?

- I have Volume up/down controls on automation keypads and would like to propagate volume changes to LMCE that is playing certain media in that room. How to do that ?  Can I get information for instance of current volume level from DCERouter or any other SW device ? How to ?
How can I change volume of MD from external devices - possible with DCE messages ?

- I'd also be happy to discuss with other users about possible solutions, cause together we can certainly get to better solutions....

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
Re: How to change house mode from external systems
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:56:24 am »
Hi,

since release 1.1. is approaching, I hope you won't get mad if I bump this one. I'd like to hear developers opinions, so we can continue our integration work...

Just hope that some developer will catch this entry and respond...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:17:56 pm »
Hi,

sorry for bumping this again, but it's crucial for my setup and hopefully also for some other users...

1. How can I query house status (armed,disarmed,etc...) via DCE ?
2. How can I put house in certain state via DCE ?
3. How can I get notifications on house status change as event via DCE ?

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 06:36:10 pm »
I think you need to develop an interface between your home automation system and LMCE. The easiest way to do that IMHO create Generic Serial Device - GSD. Try to search 'Ruby' or 'GSD' in the wiki. Basically, all logic in that case processed by embedded Ruby interpreter. So, you should develop all login using Ruby and predefined functions and data structures.

When you do that you'll able to send commands from LMCE to your system and and vice versa.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru

bulek

• Administrator
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 10:38:00 pm »
I think you need to develop an interface between your home automation system and LMCE. The easiest way to do that IMHO create Generic Serial Device - GSD. Try to search 'Ruby' or 'GSD' in the wiki. Basically, all logic in that case processed by embedded Ruby interpreter. So, you should develop all login using Ruby and predefined functions and data structures.

When you do that you'll able to send commands from LMCE to your system and and vice versa.
Hi,

thanks for info. I know pretty much about that, but I'm still curious how to instantly query what is current house state (is it written somewhere in sql database, or can I send some DCE query and receive response, or...) and what DCE data,events and commands are related to security matters....

So basically I know how to receive or send events, but don't know what events to capture and what actions to send - and also how to see current security state. All this could be extended also to other features of LMCE...

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

nite_man

• NEEDS to work for LinuxMCE
  • Want to work with LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • Smart Home Blog
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:38 am »
To catch house mode events you have to add new Ruby commands from the category Security. Actually, I didn't use them yet but theoretically they should work.
Michael Stepanov,
My setup: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Nite_man#New_setup
Russian LinuxMCE community: http://linuxmce.ru