Author Topic: Computing stuff  (Read 3537 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Computing stuff
« on: July 15, 2005, 07:47:17 am »
Hi, I'm newbe here, I just downloaded the kick start cd and this seems to be great!!, just that i have some qustions.

Is the computing button doing something? i mean, i click on it and i get those things about Internet, Spreadsheet, KDE, but they are useless, is this normal? how do i install those packages?

Well, that's all for now,  thanks for your time. ;)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Computing stuff
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 08:43:06 am »
The computing section isn't finished yet.  Starting with the .25 release (due this weekend) you can go to Wizard/Devices/Media Directors in Pluto Admin and click 'set computing applications', and add some quick launch shortcuts that will appear on that screen.  However, the whole computing section isn't complete yet, sorry.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Computing stuff
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 08:59:53 pm »
Thanks for your time aaron, i'm pretty sure you'll do it, but my real question is how can i install KDE desktop over a Debian Sarge distro, i read over some sites that this is quite difficult and that there's only a kind of port to it.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Computing stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 09:30:41 pm »
I'm not really sure how to do it.  Eventually we'll have a KDE embedded within our appl.  But for now you'd have to do it on your own, or perhaps use dual boot so you can boot up into either pluto or your own desktop.