Author Topic: Basic question on how to "activate" a tuner card  (Read 3101 times)

daath

• View Profile
Basic question on how to "activate" a tuner card
« on: June 29, 2007, 01:19:34 pm »
Hey :)

I have installed 1.1B2 but haven't really played around with it a lot. Main reason being that my tuner card didn't work. I suppose that you must edit modules.conf or something to load the correct modules and do some alias stuff?
My card is a LifeView FlyDVB Trio. I think I read somewhere that the current Feisty-kernel has some sort of error in handling of this card, which I guess makes it a necessity to "roll your own" kernel until it's fixed. Is this correct?
Anyway, I am not completely lost in linux, I just usually use linuxes as servers, so I am a bit new to the newest desktop-linuxes.
My request: A primer as to how to make a TV-tuner card (preferably a FlyDVB Trio - or another multi-tuner card) work in Feisty with LinuxMCE. I'd be eternally grateful!
I bought a new machine just to use with LinuxMCE as a media center - So I am really looking forward to making it fly!

Best wishes, and thank you all, in advance!

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Basic question on how to "activate" a tuner card
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 11:16:31 am »
searching on the internet, i found this: http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-566545.html?sid=9e4201821334f2fb21d606df4bcc8c0c. even if the user has a gentoo, it should work also in kubuntu if this is the same problem. but first, i recommend only to load the modules required by this board: modprobe saa7134 card=84 tuner=54. then, if this is not working try what that user done.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

daath

• View Profile
Re: Basic question on how to "activate" a tuner card
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 03:47:56 pm »
Ok, thanks. I already found that and some other useful links. But I thought maybe LMCE had some resources, or a link collection on how to get stuff working ;)
By the way, I wonder what is taking 1.1 final or 1.2 so long - I am hoping that the next final will have a vastly improved installer!