Author Topic: mythtv is using all inputs already  (Read 3864 times)

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
mythtv is using all inputs already
« on: June 28, 2007, 10:24:02 pm »
Hi,
when I run mythtv it says:
MythTv is already using all available inputs for the channel you selected. If you want to watch an in-pregress recording select one from the playback menu. If you want to watch live TV, cancel one of the in-progress recordings from the delete menu.
Since I'm not recording anything, neither watching TV for a fact, what is wrong with this? Probably the tv card configuration?

thanks

Cj_MaN

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: mythtv is using all inputs already
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:38:21 pm »
MythTV starts by its own will the recording. Restart the MythTV backend from console or from K-menu ->System Settings or just reboot the PC.

augalex

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 04:21:02 pm »
>>>>> Push>>>>>>

I've gor exactly the same problem, with my new, just inserted Skystar2 tv tuner card, wich is supported by ubuntu....

hope that someone can help me out....

thnx augalex

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 04:39:33 pm »
You'll probably have to go to (Advanced >) Computing > MythTV Setup and configure myth to handle your card.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

danielk

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 04:44:55 pm »
Almost certainly you have to run mythtv-setup to add the card. Most DVB cards are not automatically detected and configured by LinuxMCE; this is done by PCI id, and we need to add more cards to this DB... MythTV thinks you have zero cards installed, but LiveTV only checks to see if there are one or more cards available, and if it doesn't see any it shows you this message, written on the assumption that some cards are in fact configured.

augalex

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 07:17:50 pm »
Ok. thnx so far, it is running..... (entry for the wiki is in work...)

But it seems not to be my week, now there are some sound problems, it seems like stuttering, and the reason could not be the singnal strength because the pictures are running normal. Adittional to the sound problems also appear while watching my media movies, but only after about one minute of watching.... (This problem exists since i've got mythtv running)

Maybe somebody could help me out again...

augalex