Author Topic: CM11g  (Read 10515 times)

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
CM11g
« on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:22 pm »
Hi,
can anyone tell me if the pc interface for X10 automation CM11g is conplient with mce? Or has anyone tryed it?

Thanks

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: CM11g
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 08:43:06 am »
yes, it's working.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007, 10:16:04 pm »
niceeeee :) where can I find instructions to configure the stuff?

domotiqa.com

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • home automation
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 07:49:36 am »
in the wiki, interface section
http://www.domotiqa.com - home automation

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007, 06:54:39 pm »
This pc interface has status request...is it possible to send this command and check its status?

m_tadeu

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2007, 10:55:23 pm »
Tryed it....worked....very very cool :)

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007, 07:22:57 am »
Well I managed to add the CM11 interface and a couple of light switches that were included in the set using the webadmin.  But I can't figure out how to specy their addresses, I think it's the "Port/Channel Number" field in the "Device data" section, but I'm not sure what value to specify there.  And the only page in the wiki I could to find doesn't really tell me either.  So any suggestions you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated.
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous

savvycenter

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2007, 08:21:56 pm »
You need to set it to the X10 code of your switch. For example, if you set your switch to A9, then enter A9 into "Port/Channel Number".

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 04:57:15 am »
You need to set it to the X10 code of your switch. For example, if you set your switch to A9, then enter A9 into "Port/Channel Number".
Well that figures, I had already tried A-9 and A/9 (as in your example), thanks a lot!

Now I can controll the lights in the house and the water-cooker in the kitchen with the wiimote.  8)
-- Anonymous

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 01:09:33 pm »
Hi Zaerc

Sorry to jump onto your post but how did you specify the com port? I have added the interface and when I select com port on the web admin there are two choices flip, sorry, I  cannot remember what they are (my interface is a usb via rs323 adpter set to com 3). The interface is working fine in vista via HomeSeer. I had it working previously on LinuxMCE but it is not working now. I seem to remember having to set the com port but not by the com port option if that makes sense. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Paul

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 04:00:27 pm »
In the web admin, go to the CM11 device, under "Device data" I have 2 choices there: "/dev/ttyS0" and "pci0000:00/0000:00:13.1+2", I'm using the latter which is the USB port I plugged it in (I checked with "lspci" to see what it actually was).  And that's all I had to do for that.  the USB cable (with convertor box in the middle) that I have doesn't seem to require any additional settings or emulate a serial port (I doubt it's the ttyS0 I'm seeing).

I have the serial cable as well but my mobo only has an internal connector for rs232 but no cable+connector so I had little choice.  I'm thinking of hooking it up to a gc100 (if I can ever get the distributor here to actually sell me one :P) eventually.  Anyway, good luck!
-- Anonymous

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 09:48:49 pm »
While looking around for my troubles in setting up the forementioned gc100, I came across the pluto wiki page for it (afterwards) which have some instructions on setting up the serial port of the gc100 for use with the CM11, probably not exactly what you were looking for, but maybe it helps.

http://plutohome.com/wiki/index.php/Gc100
-- Anonymous

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 11:57:38 pm »
Hi Zaerc

Thanks for the information works great now I really appreciate it.

Paul

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 12:47:58 am »
Cool, you're welcome and glad to be of assistence.  Did you have to do anything special to get it working?

I have added some quickstart instructions to the wiki: http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/CM11 as well, just in case anyone else is interested.
-- Anonymous

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 02:24:15 am »
Hi Zaerc

No it worked fine when I configured the right port (usb) via the admin page, I have set up a few lights and I am looking into setting up a couple of fans as well.

Thanks again for your help and adding to the wiki page very handy.

Paul