Author Topic: Setting up a voip provider and account.  (Read 5257 times)

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Setting up a voip provider and account.
« on: June 21, 2007, 06:11:11 pm »
Hi guys

I have received the following settings for the Asterisk server as follows. How and where do I enter this information to be able to use the VOIP service via LinuxMCE? Are there any configuration files that I can add the info too or do I need to add this via AMP? Please be as specific as possible as I am a Linux newbie. Thank you so much for all your help.

Blueface.ie settings

SIP
 A typical SIP configuration to utilise Blue Face services from your Asterisk Server: 
 sip.conf

[general]

; To recieve incoming calls to a dynamic IP address you need to register with our server.
; If you have a static address do not use this line and instead specify SIP/${EXTEN}@ipaddress:port in the PBX GUI for the numbers you want forwarded.

register => username:password@sip.blueface.ie/1234

; Use the equivalent of the config below to make and receive calls.
[blueface]
type=peer
host=sip.blueface.ie
username=yourusername
fromuser=yourusername
secret=yourpassword
insecure=invite ; Specifies that authentication is not required for incoming INVITEs from sip.blueface.ie.
context=yourcontext

extensions.conf

; Specify the context to receive incoming calls.
[yourcontext]
; Note this is just an example there are infinite different ways to handle the incoming call.
exten => yourusername,1,Wait(1)
exten => yourusername,2,Playback(beep)
exten => yourusername,3,Hangup

[outgoing]
; Dial the Blue Face Speaking Clock.
exten => 303,1,Dial(SIP/303@blueface)
exten => 303,2,Hangup

; Send PSTN calls to Blue Face.
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@blueface)
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

IAX
 A typical IAX configuration to utilise Blue Face services from your Asterisk Server: 

iax.conf

[general]

; To recieve incoming calls you need to register with our server.

register => yourusername:yourpassword@iax.blueface.ie

; To receive incoming calls specify this block and replace "yourcontext" for your dial plan.
[yourusername]
type=user
host=iax.blueface.ie
context=yourcontext

; To make outgoing calls specify this block;
[blueface-out]
type=peer
host=iax.blueface.ie
username=yourusername
secret=yourpassword

extensions.conf

; Specify the context to receive incoming calls.
[yourcontext]
; Note this is just an example there are inifinite different ways to handle the incoming call.
exten => yourusername,1,Wait(1)
exten => yourusername,2,Playback(beep)
exten => yourusername,3,Hangup

[outgoing]
; Dial the Blue Face Speaking Clock.
exten => 303,1,Dial(IAX2/blueface-out/303)
exten => 303,2,Hangup

; Send PSTN calls to Blue Face.
exten => _X.,1,Dial(IAX2/blueface-out/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,2,Hangup

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Setting up a voip provider and account.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 03:43:21 am »
There is an advanced interface for Asterisk that gives to good access for setting these things up. Advanced-configuration-phone setup-settings-add trunk (if you don't already have one) .  You probably won't need the IAX stuff. You would go into Trunks and add the section after general before extensions to it. There are others much more expert in Asterisk that I am but starting from that and looking at the existing settings got me on the air. Getting a Grandstream 488 working with it to connect my existing phones was more of an adventure I will post if anyone is interested. With much trial and error I even got my Nokia e-70 to work with it.

bulek

• Administrator
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
  • Living with LMCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 03:00:59 am »
There is an advanced interface for Asterisk that gives to good access for setting these things up. Advanced-configuration-phone setup-settings-add trunk (if you don't already have one) .  You probably won't need the IAX stuff. You would go into Trunks and add the section after general before extensions to it. There are others much more expert in Asterisk that I am but starting from that and looking at the existing settings got me on the air. Getting a Grandstream 488 working with it to connect my existing phones was more of an adventure I will post if anyone is interested. With much trial and error I even got my Nokia e-70 to work with it.

Every piece of information is valuable to us, users. Please post to Wiki, about your procedures...

Regards,

Bulek.
Thanks in advance,

regards,

Bulek.

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:29:12 am »
I will post all I can about both efforts (and getting inphonex to work. . .) It will be a few days before I can. I will post a message here afterward.

Pastor

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 02:04:45 pm »
Hi 1audio

I too would be interested in the issues you had installing the VOIP hardware, I have a Siemens Gigaset C450 IP phone and will need to set this up. Any tips suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 03:41:02 pm »
@Pastor
it's not so easy to setup your phone. first, you have to make a device template for your phone. this is easy to make. then, the most difficult part is to make a script in perl which configures every phone. every phone supported by linuxmce has a special perl script which configures the phone. configuration depends by some parameters of the phone or by web administration page. looking at the other scripts for the phones, can give you an idea how to do your custom script.

/edit
you can configure manually the phone without making a perl script. all you have to do is to make the device template and then to configure the phone conforming the asterisk settings and phone line settings.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 03:54:08 pm by sharlee_angelo »
Read the F****** Logs!!!