What have I done so far?
- dl Kubuntu 7.04 from kubuntu.org.
- dl LMCE 1.1b2 via torrent from tpb
- Clean install of kubuntu on clean harddisk (wd 120 Gb)
- Mounted the LMCE packages CD on /media/cdrom
- Installed the mce-installer deb from kubuntu package-menu.
- Got the "install linux mce" icon on my desktop
- clicked it - and entered password in kdesu
- The "Hybrid or core" box appears, I select "Core"
- The "Nvidia-drivers" box pops up - I select "opensource"
- The Installer say: "The driver has been changed, and the installer will now exit."
- And so it does....
No logs are created anywhere.
I have actually tried all possible combinations of drivers / hybrid / core etc, but it ends there every time.
Looking in /tmp i find that the installer has created and populated the selfext-xxxx dir, and it looks as if it does this twice every time I try a new install.
(Creating 2 selfext dirs.)
I've spent 2 evenings already trying to resolve this. I'm considering Pluto ATM, but I'd really like the option of KDE over Nx on this server. So I'm crying out to you guys for help.
- dual Xp1900+ on an Asus mobo
- 2 Gb ram
- Nvidia Riva Tnt2 (will be removed - going to run the core headless)
- 120 Gb WD.