Author Topic: [Q] GC100 operation  (Read 4204 times)

r@d

• View Profile
[Q] GC100 operation
« on: June 11, 2007, 05:12:06 pm »
Hi again,

A second question. I have a GC100 installed. There are some problems making it work, though. Here's my setup.

LinuxMCE is currently on the 192.168.2 network, which is the only one in use at the moment. The 192.168.80 internal network is not connected to anything. The GC100 is 192.168.2.70. LinuxMCE is 192.168.2.109.

When I use a utility on a windows laptop, I can directly send commands through tcpip to the gc100, and it works. But how do I set this up in linuxmce? I tried to follow the instructions, but I guess I am forgetting a step or two.
i
Could someone please shed some light on this? I would be very happy if I could send $<"PC_*11\r"> to an Arcam receiver connected to the gc100.

Cheers,

Mark

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
Re: [Q] GC100 operation
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 07:15:19 pm »
Any Pnp device should be connected to to the network that you have the MCE dhcp server  in your case .80 network connect it there and it should be auto detected if  it works like any other pnp device.

Good Luck

Tim
My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/

Juliet Smith

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 12:44:14 pm »
For adding GC100 to LMCE, you have a specific button:
1. from the main menu, navigate to advanced/advanced/'Add GC100" or
2. In the web admin / Interfaces, 'Add GC100'
-Make sure you have reseted to its factory defaults before that

After you add it, you need to make sure you have set the proper baud rate in its configuration page ( you can access it by typing its IP in a browser from a computer in its internal network. (If you don't know the IP allocated for the GC100, you can find it in web admin / Interfaces, find GC100 in the list and go to 'Advanced'

r@d

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 06:38:05 pm »
After you add it, you need to make sure you have set the proper baud rate in its configuration page ( you can access it by typing its IP in a browser from a computer in its internal network. (If you don't know the IP allocated for the GC100, you can find it in web admin / Interfaces, find GC100 in the list and go to 'Advanced'

Thank you for your reply! I do already have a good connection from my linuxmce machine to the gc100, and from there to the amplifier. I tested the connections by turning the amp off and on by sending the rs232 codes directly to tcpip port 4999, and it worked. However! I am not sure how to accomplish this within linuxmce.

Do I make the amp a child device of the gc100?

Thanks again,

Mark

Cj_MaN

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 05:24:22 pm »
1.In generally all devices that are controlled by LMCE using the Network Interface, must be connected to the Internal LAN!!!!!!!
2.After you've connected the GC100 to the Internal LAN Interface (first reset it to factory defaults, then connect it to the internal lan, then press the Add GC100 button from the Advanced screen)
3.Open a browser, type the IP address of your COre in the address bar, login with your LMCE user and password.
4.Go to "Wizard -> Devices -> A/V Equipment" . Press "Add Device", select " Amps/Preamp/Receivers/Tuners"  from the "Device Category" drop-down then press "Apply filter" button.
5.Select your amplifier from the "Device Template" drop-down and then press "Pick Device Template". And your device will be added to the lmce system.
  <<< If your device isn't listed here you have to create a new gsd device, and to control it by RS232 you need to write some Ruby code. >>>
6. In the "Room / Controlled by" column select the room where this amp is and the device that controls it. If you want to control it by I/R select GC100, if you want to control it by RS232 select the "COM Port on PC" on which it's connected, and on the Controlled by select the PC to which it's attached.
7.Do a Quick Reload router and you should be able to control your amp.