I have a few questions about linux mce that I want to know the answer to before I install.
1. I already have some movies ripped as avi files, can I use these with linux mce, or do I have to re-rip the dvds? If yes, can I use any media format that xine will play with linux mce?
2. Is it really necessary to have a TV at each media director, or can I just use a monitor?
3. If I use the core with only one network card, and have it as the DHCP server, do I lose any functionality as compared to have it with the dual network card "Firewall" setup?
4. Does the core need a lot of ram and a good processor, or can I just use an old PC with a big HD?
5. I'm thinking of installing within the next week or so. Is the beta 2 stable enough to install/will the stable version be coming out that soon? Should I stick with version 1.0 for now?
6. Can a USB webcam attached to the core a be watched live from media directors?
7. Can two media directors be watching the same movie/tv channel at once?
8. If I have a VCR hooked up to my core, can I control it (rewind/pause etc.) from the media directors?
Thanks in advance!