Author Topic: Linux Medica Center takes 12 hours to install????  (Read 2604 times)

banshee26

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Linux Medica Center takes 12 hours to install????
« on: June 10, 2007, 01:52:59 pm »
Linux Media Center takes years to install. I downloaded ubunto 6.10 and the linux MCE 1.0.0.1.

I installed Ubunto 6.10, then followed the installer, inputed the linux mce 1.0.0.1 and now it's download all this other data??
Why isn't all the data already in the MCD cd? I've been waiting for like 4 hours now and still downloading.

Why not make Linux Media center, with all the media already ready? Why do i have to wait 6 hours every time i want to install this thing?

Knoppmythtv, takes only 2 hours after yo configured it and it's ready to go. I mean Linux Media Center is insane having half the other data on the net.

Excuse my whinging, but i find it crazy that person has to wait a billion years to install this, i still have not even set it up.

banshee26

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Linux Medica Center takes 12 hours to install????
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 03:55:21 pm »
Ok got all the information in 4 hours. The Wizards seemed find, configuing the res and audio. But it then went straight to the main screen? No options of adding my DTV card, no options of configuring my remote, nor could i find any documents on how to get these simple things going. So i got my knoppmyth CD's out and started installing. This has been the biggest waste of time.