Author Topic: Customise interface to show only 'media' menu  (Read 5842 times)

bhsimon

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Customise interface to show only 'media' menu
« on: June 08, 2007, 02:25:22 pm »
Is there a way to customise the interface to show only the 'Media' menu? The systems I create contain only home entertainment features and I want to remove extraneous information from the screen, including other menus such as 'climate' and 'security'.

Note: I am looking for a solution that is implemented without the user being aware. Juliet Smith suggested a solution which involves mouse clicks (my systems don't use a mouse), which is not suitable.

All suggestions appeciated.

teedge77

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: Customise interface to show only 'media' menu
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
so all you want to use is mythtv? then...id say ...dont use linuxmce...use....mythtv......
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Asus M2V Via AM2 ATX
Lite-On LH-20A1S SATA DVD Burner
80GB  SATA-150
EVGA GeForce 7300 GT 512MB DDR2 PCI Express
Sound Blaster Audigy SE
Kingston 2 GB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz
Ultra X-Finity 800-Watt
ZCU000
Cisco 7970
TDM400P

norcal

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 03:55:03 am »
I think he is referring to a having only music,video, pictures as options on the orbiter without the other features. Yes myth can handle these options alone but perhaps there are other reasons why bhsimon would rather use linuxmce. I personally prefer the look and feel of linuxmce over myth.  it would be nice if Linuxmce was a little more customizable on gui though. There are some rooms where i could really see the use in having only media options, also it would be nice to be able to remove certain options from the orbiter after the system is set up. For example it would be nice to remove the "reload router" or "reboot Hybrid" buttons so that inquisitive children do not reload the whole sytem over and over just for fun. I think it would also be a good idea to remove the "delete" button from the onscreen orbiter when selecting videos. I wouldn't want people erasing public videos on a whim. The project has lots of room for improvement, perhaps there is some nice person out there who is a graphic wiz that would like to volunteer to "pretty" up the gui?

Zaerc

• Alumni
  • LinuxMCE God
  • Department of Redundancy Department.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 08:20:45 pm »
"Change is inevitable. Progress is optional."
-- Anonymous