Author Topic: Astrerisk to be forked and become OpenPBX  (Read 5345 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
Astrerisk to be forked and become OpenPBX
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:57:37 am »
Asterisk has been a great Open source project started and developed by Digium and remained under them since. Alot of folks appearently got flustered of creating patchs to add features or fix problems, and not have it added up stream. Then there is the whole dual licinse issue hanging over the project. With the fork to OpenPBX it seems like it will be a good thing. Plans are being put together and the outlook can be nothing but good as the only interests are making some good software. Apearently may of the Asterisk Dev's think so as well as it appears many are going to get involved in the Forked OpenPBX.

It's set to make it debuet Today and the site is http://www.openpbx.org

I see this as a good opertunity for those that have been wanting to see more to get involved and maybe a better product and support. There are fresh ears and fresh ideas and you have a great chance of really being heard. This way it's also not geared to just digiums interests and hopefully we will see more opensource drivers to support hardware as well.

Regards,
Cordel

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 07:53:03 am »
Well I'm not sure if pluto will use asterisk or openpbx.
Right now i'm working on big asterisk, addons, zaptel drivers and amp upgrade. The package is not quite stable, but I hope it will be finished in a couple of days.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 07:59:18 am »
Quote from: "torindan"
Well I'm not sure if pluto will use asterisk or openpbx.

Hi,

I also think it would be wise to wait and see what will happen... I'm quite happy with Asterisk - the whole problem is in double licensing that is frustrating developers. Now we will have double projects and maybe this is not so good afterall....

Regards,

Rob.