Author Topic: Mythfrontend only runs for 30 seconds?  (Read 4634 times)

DrACoNuS

• View Profile
Mythfrontend only runs for 30 seconds?
« on: May 26, 2007, 10:06:10 pm »
My setup is working really great right now except for one annoying problem. I have searched around the forums and confirmed that many other people are also having this issue. When i watch tv and my orbiter on my MD launches mythfrontend I am able to watch TV and it works great. However after 30 seconds mythfrontend is being closed and the orbiter comes back on screen. I am not using the backend on the core I am connecting to an existing mythtv backend in my house, but I can't see how this would cause the problem.

Ruthless

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
Re: Mythfrontend only runs for 30 seconds?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 09:30:11 pm »
I have the same setup (using an existing backend) and had the same problem.  Pluto doesn't use the default Myth configuration, this problem is from the NetowkrControlPort setting (default Myth uses 6546, default Pluto is 10001).  Have a look at /usr/pluto/bin/fixMythTvSettings.sh on a MD and you'll find all the settings it changes. I changed routerip= to point to my existing backend and everything works fine.

DrACoNuS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 09:48:16 pm »
I tried editing values in fixMythTvSettings.sh, First i changed just the routerip= to point to my backend and ran the script/restarted MD still having that problem. Tried changing the NetworkControlPort value as well to no avail :( Could you provide a more step by step description of what you did to fix this.

Thanks!

Ruthless

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 08:43:29 am »
I added routerip="mybackendip"; below the line already there and reran the script.  Sorry that didn't fix your problem, you may want to look at, /var/log/pluto/*MythTV_Player.log on the MD and see if it helps with why the frontend is dying/restarting.  With my networkcontrolport problem I had lots of:

Going to send command jump livetv
Connect() failed, Error Code 111 (Connection refused))

messages.  I would get live tv for about 30 seconds then the player (being unable to connect to the frontend) would kill the process and restart the frontend.

Ruthless

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 08:56:36 am »
Also (and I'm not sure if it would cause this or what it would do without it) have you changed /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt to point at your existing backend?

UPDATE:  I just looked again at fixMythTvSettings.sh and it does use the db info from mysql.txt, make sure that's correct.  You want it to update the settings on your backend, not the core.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 09:10:32 am by Ruthless »

DrACoNuS

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2007, 06:47:59 am »
Awesome, thank you so much for the help man! I'll buy ya a beer if your in Edmonton any time :P

I was changing the network port setting as well :S so i just restored the file and changed ONLY the routerip line and it's working great now :D

joesixpack

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 11:30:50 pm »
OK now I'm having this exact same problem with a computer setup as a media director.  I tried the suggested fix by commenting out the routerip= line and adding another one below it in fixMythTvSettings.sh, but that's not helping. This might sound dumb, but maybe I'm typing it wrong... do I need to use the quotes like routerip="192.168.80.1" or just routerip=192.168.80.1 ??? Also, did you change the NetowkrControlPort setting ?

Thanks