Author Topic: Beta1.1 Problem with network boot MD  (Read 2920 times)

wsuetholz

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Beta1.1 Problem with network boot MD
« on: June 07, 2007, 05:37:24 pm »
Hello,
  I have a hybrid core that is running on an ATI based platform, and a NVidia based MD. 

As of last night, the MD doesn't even boot all the way anymore.  It loads the kernel from the core, and starts to boot, after it detects the network it reboots.  It was booting at one point, getting to the point where it was telling me that it was notifying orbiters of a new MD, but the orbiter on the CORE never displayed anything,  So I went through the web page and reclicked the setup diskless MD, just in case.

Anything I should be looking at?

Bill

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Beta1.1 Problem with network boot MD
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:43:40 pm »
are you trying to install it or it is already installed? look in web admin > Advanced > Configuration > Unknown Devices. maybe it's there and you must delete its entry.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

wsuetholz

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Beta1.1 Problem with network boot MD
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 05:34:43 pm »
I was trying to get it installed...  That's a useful link to remember :-)  I eventually got if fixed by copying the linux kernel and initrd from /boot to /tftpboot/default replacing the copies that were there, then the machine started to boot properly

It worked for a bit, then it got upset about not using the nvidia driver and in the process of it trying to automatically install the nvidia drivers, the video got all messed up.  I'm now working to try to resolve that issue.  At least before it got messed up, I was able to view a video stored on the core.  So things are starting to work.

Bill