Author Topic: Xine features in LinuxMCE? A/V sync / zoom  (Read 13265 times)

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Xine features in LinuxMCE? A/V sync / zoom
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 10:22:21 pm »
Autodetection of aspect ratio should be present in Xine player, when you do not get correct aspect ratio, this means it failed for certain movie :) This generates an idea that it would be nicer to have ability to change the aspect ratio 'on fly' - and override the AR when it is set to wrong value.

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 05:05:10 pm »
Are you saying to playback the recorded shows using Kaffeine from inside LinuxMCE?  I didn't think that was possible.

Outside of LMCE, Xine correctly detects the aspect ratio of my content.  Last night I tried to watch a DVD (Click) from within LinuxMCE and it was squished horizontally.  I then exited to the KDE desktop and launched Xine directly without any options except deinterlacing enabled.  It played fine.  I have modified my xorg.conf file to include the "DisplaySize" option.  I'm not sure if Xine would have displayed the movie correctly on my 16:9 TV without that option.  I'll remove that option tonight and try it again.  I'll also post a couple of screen shots so people with 4:3 TV's can see what those of us with 16:9 TV's are complaining about :)

« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 11:41:30 pm by cckrobinson »

Eirik

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2007, 08:42:53 pm »
Audio Track selection isn't working either. Tried -/+ which of course didn't work. :(

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 11:48:52 pm »
Autodetection of aspect ratio should be present in Xine player, when you do not get correct aspect ratio, this means it failed for certain movie :) This generates an idea that it would be nicer to have ability to change the aspect ratio 'on fly' - and override the AR when it is set to wrong value.

Xine_Player does appear to detect some content correctly.  I can playback XVID encoded HDTV shows just fine.  It also seems to handle 1080i\720p MPEG2 files,but it doesn't do well with 4:3 MPEG2 TV or DVD's.  The common denominator is that 16:9 content is displayed correctly on my 16:9 TV, but 4:3 or 1.85 isn't.

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 05:53:18 am »
Here's the libxine that I'm using:

chris@dcerouter:~$ sudo dpkg -s libxine1 | grep Version
Password:
Version: 1.1.4-2ubuntu3

Here are a couple of screen shots of a show that I recorded from analog cable(NTSC) using the mythbackend and my PVR-150 capture card.  The image tvCapture_LMCE.jpg was taken of the video played back inside LMCE.  tvCapture_xine.jpg was taken while playing back the video from xine directly.  The LMCE version is clearly squished horizontally.  See attachments.

kir

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2007, 09:22:50 pm »
Indeed, screenshot looks bad :) I suggest to wait for the beta 3, where aspect ratio change function should become available. Also, to my knowledge, beta3 will contain a fix for detection of display (i.e. monitor, TFT panel, etc.) aspect ratio. Hope this will solve AR issue.

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2007, 09:36:53 pm »
I can't wait for the Beta3.  This issue and my MythTV HD playback woes are the only things that are preventing me from fully enjoying LMCE.

norcal

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2007, 04:42:20 am »
This issue and my MythTV HD playback woes are the only things that are preventing me from fully enjoying LMCE.

I agree, these are big hangups for me as well. Hope the release is coming along. Cheers.