Author Topic: Laundry List..Check 2 C if any of these apply to you!  (Read 2900 times)

grindy

• View Profile
Laundry List..Check 2 C if any of these apply to you!
« on: June 02, 2007, 02:42:04 am »
1.) Perfect Install Beta2..shared desktop/media center, static IP, Kubuntu Fiesty
2.) Perfect setup, everything works, UI1 tho sux only got a radeon 9600xt to use right now.
3.) ATI remote wonder works in kubuntu b4 i ever install Linuxmce, As a mouse w/ volume control, no playback controls.  in linuxmce, i configure default infrared interface and ati remote wonder from the remote list, and nothin.  still works like a mouse...how do i kill the kubuntu driver for this x10 receiver so that pluto can load it's driver and work right?
4.) apparently, the driver or dvb install script for the ATI HDTV Wonder is broken with kernel 2.6.20 to 2.6.3..just a tip for anybody else that has one and has to jump through hoops to get the OTA digital to work...it won't for now...but it says that it works with kernels higher than that...so once again, no mythtv for me... :'(  unless there is a kernel update for kubuntu that i'm missing...???
5.) don't mount any hard discs that you want to use in linuxmce in kubuntu desktop.  i use automatix to install this handy script that automounts all NTFS drives...if i use it, the drives are no longer accessible in linuxmce...maybe it's a permissions thing..
6.) otherwise, this thing is workin pretty good...especially with all ATI video hardware in it...i need more ram...512MB doesn't do it justice...and i need an nvidia card for agp

dale3h

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Laundry List..Check 2 C if any of these apply to you!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 02:17:49 am »
I totally posted in the wrong topic. My apologies.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 02:36:10 am by dale3h »