Author Topic: CM11A and Light on/off device in "**RUN_CONFIG**"  (Read 4552 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
CM11A and Light on/off device in "**RUN_CONFIG**"
« on: July 14, 2005, 08:45:08 pm »
I've added a CM11A and a generic Light on/off device through the Wizard in PlutoAdmin. Both are in a "**RUN_CONFIG**" status and don't show up in my orbiters despite rebuilding them. How do I complete the setup and control my lights?

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 11:04:19 pm »
You can ignore the RUN_CONFIG status--it's supposed to be there and it's only for our internal use.

Section 4 of the quick start guide is here and explains the process:
http://plutohome.com/support/index.php?section=document&docID=216

As described in the guide, what I would do first is just confirm the cm11a is working in PlutoAdmin first.  Go to the lighting device's advanced page, (or click Advanced,Devices to find it manually) and click 'send command', and send it some on/off commands to be sure it's working.  Note, you send the commands to the light--not the CM11A.  The CM11A is the controlled via device for the lights that handles all commands sent to them.  If it doesn't work, bring up another web browser, go to the cm11a device's advanced page and follow the log while you send the commands.

Then to control it with the orbiter you have 2 choices: 1) create a lighting scenario, or 2) put the device on the floorplan using Pluto Admin's floorplan wizard.  Both are described in the quick start guide.

A 3rd way to control lights is automatically in response to events. If you want the lights to adjust automatically when you start watching media, for example, add in Pluto Admin Wizard/Events/Respond to Events, an event handler for "Watching media in a room", and tell it how to adjust the lights.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 11:21:22 pm »
Thanks. I'm not sure if it was creating lighting scenarios or a reboot that finally gave me some lighting buttons. It works great now. I had tried to send on and off commands through PlutoAdmin before the reboot and they had no effect. It works now from both the Orbiter and PlutoAdmin though.

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 08:39:31 am »
There are 2 issues you probably encountered:  1) DCERouter loads the device list into a cache for faster performance.  It sometimes has to process hundreds of messages a second, so there's no time to do sql queries on the database for each message.  So, after adding a hew device, DCERouter won't see it, and won't route messages to it, until you do a quick reload router (takes 15 seconds) which causes DCERouter to reload the cache.  Go to wizard/Restart to do it.

2) The images Orbiter displays are pre-rendered.  The source graphics are very large so Orbiter can display up to 3000x1600 resolution.  Orbiter would run too slowly if it was stretching/scaling/rendering all those graphics.  So, the screen you see for the main menu is not built dynamically--it's pre-rendered by OrbiterGen.  So, if you add some new lighting scenarios, or change the floorplan, you won't see the buttons or new graphics until OrbiterGen recreates the GUI.  Go to Wizard/Devices/Orbiters and click 'quick regen' for the Orbiter you want to regenerate.

When you reboot it regenerates all Orbiters, so that's why on a reboot everything worked.  However, it if you do #1 and #2 you won't need to reboot.