Author Topic: "could not connect to master backend server" bug again  (Read 5830 times)

efiniti

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
"could not connect to master backend server" bug again
« on: May 31, 2007, 01:20:39 am »
I'm getting this same error message that appeared from back in 1.0.  Right now I'm running 1.1 Beta 2 with UI2.  I start the TV part of LinuxMCE to start MythTV and I get this error.  Here are my settings for MythTV's general settings:

IP Address for dcerouter:  192.168.80.1
Port the server runs on:  6543
Port the server shows status on:  6544
Master Server IP Address:  localhost
Port the Master Server runs on:  6543

Aren't these settings right?  Is anybody else getting this issue? 

MasterC

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: "could not connect to master backend server" bug again
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 02:15:34 am »
If you are using the same system for your core and media director, I suggest using an actual internal IP rather than "localhost" or 127.0.0.1.  MythTV can be pretty "cranky" sometimes if some of the IP's don't jive.  There could be another problem altogether, but it would help eliminate that as a possibility.

-Chad

cckrobinson

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 05:15:42 am »
I see this problem constantly.  My current work around until I find a better solution is to run the mythsetup and change the IP address for dcerouter to localhost.  My frontend and backend are on the same box.  When I exit the setup I'm able to connect to the backend again.  This seems to work fine until I reboot.  There's apparently a shell script that updates the database when you launch LMCE.  I've been too lazy to track it down and change it.

Viper

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 06:42:23 am »
Make sure you verify the connection to the database with the mythtv user.
Default credentials of mythtv are at /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt

So just add those the your server:
mysql -u root -p<password>
> grant all privileges on mythconverg.* to '<mythtv-user>'@'localhost' identified by '<mythtv-password>';

restart db server