General > Users

Is it possible to switch network interfaces between internal and external? How?

(1/2) > >>

Cryoniq:
Hi!

I have a LMCE 1.1 Beta 2 installed. On this box I have a Netgear wireless card and a ethernet card. Thus ath0 (wireless) and eth0 (wired 10/100 mbps).

At install I made the mistake having ath0 as the default gateway and communication to router and internet. That made ath0 external network device in LMCE. And eth0 became internal.

How do I switch them around so that ath0 is internal and eth0 is external instead?

darrenmason:
Point a browser to your core to get the admin interface.
Under Advanced->Network->Network Settings there should be a button called "swap interfaces"

HTH
Darren

Cryoniq:

--- Quote from: darrenmason on May 29, 2007, 01:59:29 am ---Point a browser to your core to get the admin interface.
Under Advanced->Network->Network Settings there should be a button called "swap interfaces"

HTH
Darren

--- End quote ---

I am sorry to report that the button "swap interfaces" is nowhere to be found under Advanced > Network > Network Settings.
Does one have to take it down to offline or something like that in order for that button to appear?

*shrug*

PeteK:
Cryoniq--

What does that page contain in your setup?  Does the line "Number of network adapters: 2" appear?  Does it list both adapters and their current settings (i.e. DHCP or Static IP info)?

I attached a screen shot of the configuration page as it looks in my setup.

Cryoniq:

--- Quote from: PeteK on May 29, 2007, 08:32:47 am ---Cryoniq--

What does that page contain in your setup?  Does the line "Number of network adapters: 2" appear?  Does it list both adapters and their current settings (i.e. DHCP or Static IP info)?

I attached a screen shot of the configuration page as it looks in my setup.

--- End quote ---

"Number of network adapters: 2" is there.
Both adapters are listed and their current settings:
ath0 is set to DHCP, areas below are empty. Guess those are not filled in since it is DHCP on the interface.
eth0 is set to static IP 192.168.1.151, subnet 255.255.255.0

DHCP Server on Core is: Disabled.

I enabled the DHCP Server on Core just to see if that button showed up, and it didn't. =/

Edit:
Hmm I think I might found something here..

Under: Automation > Device Status there is a list over all devices and their status.
On one line it says:
CORE             192.168.1.151 

If one click on CORE a page comes up and in that page there is a text box left of the heading "Network interfaces". In that box is the following:
ath0,dhcp|eth0,192.168.1.151,255.255.255.0

I wonder what will happen if I alter it to?
eth0,192.168.1.151,255.255.255.0|ath0,dhcp

My thinking is that the order of those two interfaces in that line determine the order of the interfaces, this making eth #1 and ath #2 instead.

Any knowledge about this? :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version