Author Topic: Ability to change/switch adapter ethernet device (or tell one adapter untouched)  (Read 3968 times)

Cryoniq

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Hi!

It would be very neat to be able to change or switch place of the network devices in LMCE admin page under network.

For example, as I have now, the wireless (ath0) is on external and ethernet 10/100 mbps (eth0) is on internal.

It would be nice to be able to tell LMCE via admin page which interface belongs to what side. For example I would like to switch ath0 to be on internal instead and eth0 on external. At the same time I would be able to tell LMCE that it should not force settings for ath0 since that is using WPA-TKIP (in my case) and is using knetwork-manager handling that and wpasupplicant. It shall in no condition alter such network devices settings, which it seem to do now.

Maybe a detection of available and activated network devices is enough and ability to specify if they are external or internal and let the configuration of these be configured in kubuntu alone as default, and have a checkbox or button for extended advanced features and possibility to specify and alter the network adress configuration as it is now.