Author Topic: Uhm.. bonus CD?!  (Read 3663 times)

Cryoniq

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Uhm.. bonus CD?!
« on: May 24, 2007, 09:04:11 pm »
For 3-4 days I now tried to get LMCE 1.0 and 1.1 working. Today I turned back to 1.0 since 1.1 obviously need a.. uhm few tweaks.. (actually a lot it seems). So.. 1.0 install finished, new GFX card and so on.. but no video.. hmm shares content doesn't show up.. hmm what is this...

So I fiddle around with the setup and now there is a text there telling that since I didn't install bonus CD, I won't see any video nor hear any sound... uhm.. so.. Why doesn't install instructions say anything about a freaking bonus CD? What is the Bonus CD? Does it come with Linux MCE? Is it Ubuntu Bonus CD? Is it a bonus CD I got from latest <insert silly magazine here>? What is it? Where do I get it? And why does my LMCE install now blink at startup between black and desktop?

I am going to go out on a walk and buy me some nice swedish snuff and deaggro. At least I forced a lot of new things about my systems  :P

(please help btw..)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 12:39:37 am by Cryoniq »

DTS

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
    • Keng - a blog
Re: Uhm.. bonus CD?!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 12:35:44 am »
There is no bonus CD yet. I don't think the videos are made yet, and the text is for future versions.

Cryoniq

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 12:40:16 am »
There is no bonus CD yet. I don't think the videos are made yet, and the text is for future versions.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion ^^

tkmedia

• wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • LMCECompatible
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 03:38:05 am »
LinuxMCE is based on PlutoHome there was (is) a second (bonus cd) for The PlutoHome version. I have tried  (used) PlutoHome for almost a year. It seems most or all problems from the current version of PlutoHome have carried over to LinuxMce 1.0 and are begining to be addressed in LinuxMCE 1.1  It will be great product if the bugs are ironed out.

My Setup http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/User:Tkmedia

For LinuxMce compatible  systems and accessories
http://lmcecompatible.com/