first, i want to thank the devellopers for the great work.
here are my issues, which i encountered when installing lmce 1.1 beta.
hope this will help make lmce better.
1. lmce installed a firewall. i want it removed (at least for ssh), so i did: 'find /etc | xargs grep iptables' but didn't find it there, so:
a. i think a firewall should be optional.
b. how do i cancell the firewall, where is it configured from (path ?) ?
2. mythtv was installed without the 'myth-plugins' and 'myth-themes', also mythtv installed seems a special lmce vesrion so i cant use the plugins or themes from standart feisty repository. so:
a. i understand the reson for not installing the plugins, it has the same functionality as LMCE, but why not the themes ?
b. i have a patch i need mythtv pathed with. how do i do that ?
3. lirc: maybe i didn't look good enough, but i couldn't find a way to use my regular lirc_serial (which is good for home brew ir receivers as well as some comercial ones e.g. technisat skystar2 ). i did find a lir_serial under /lib/modules, though.
4. inserting a dvd into the drive went well. i have no special harware, but it did autoplay. however inserting a dvd-r containing avi files didn't work very well. i was informed that a new dvd was detected, but find no way to play the files.
5. lmce detected my partitions, and asked to use them. i made a mistake: enabled sdb1 and disabled sdb2. i want it the other way around. how do i do it ?
that was my first impression. i'm going to get some relevant hardware, and see how it works
thanks for the greate work,