Author Topic: my issues: firewall, mythtv , and more  (Read 2964 times)

erez

• View Profile
my issues: firewall, mythtv , and more
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:44:43 am »
hi

first, i want to thank the devellopers for the great work.

here are my issues, which i encountered when installing lmce 1.1 beta.
hope this will help make lmce better.

1. lmce installed a firewall. i want it removed (at least for ssh), so i did: 'find /etc | xargs grep iptables' but didn't find it there, so:
a. i think a firewall should be optional.
b. how do i cancell the firewall, where is it configured from (path ?) ?

2. mythtv was installed without the 'myth-plugins' and 'myth-themes', also mythtv installed seems a special lmce vesrion so i cant use the plugins or themes from standart feisty repository. so:
a. i understand the reson for not installing the plugins, it has the same functionality as LMCE, but why not the themes ?
b. i have a patch i need mythtv pathed with. how do i do that ?

3. lirc: maybe i didn't look good enough, but i couldn't find a way to use my regular lirc_serial (which is good for home brew ir receivers as well as some comercial ones e.g. technisat skystar2 ). i did find a lir_serial under /lib/modules, though.

4. inserting a dvd into the drive went well. i have no special harware, but it did autoplay. however inserting a dvd-r containing avi files didn't work very well. i was informed that a new dvd was detected, but find no way to play the files.

5. lmce detected my partitions, and asked to use them. i made a mistake: enabled sdb1 and disabled sdb2. i want it the other way around. how do i do it ?

that was my first impression. i'm going to get some relevant hardware, and see how it works

thanks for the greate work,
erez.

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: my issues: firewall, mythtv , and more
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 12:29:51 pm »
1. the firewall allows ssh. i didn't encountered any difficulty with this.
2. the patch, i think, should be applied over the sources of mythv and then, compile them.
3. you have to do some mappings for the homebrew serial receiver
5. in web admin->advanced->configuration->unknown devices. you should find the partition there.
Read the F****** Logs!!!

Cj_MaN

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: my issues: firewall, mythtv , and more
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 12:15:09 pm »
You can disable/configure the firewall from Web Admin. Open a browser and type your LMCE IP in the addresse bar. Login with your LMCE user and password, that you have set in Setup Wizard, then go to "Advanced -> Network -> Firewall Rules"