Author Topic: Orbiter cannot register with the router. please try again later.?  (Read 5000 times)

mojoJOJO

• View Profile
Almost got it working.......sort of................but then I ran into YET ANOTHER problem. Could somebody please give me some info on how to resolve my latest problem?

OK....I managed to work through about a dozen different issues in order to get LMCE started. I finally managed to get it going and was even able to log into the web admin page from my windows XP computer. But after I told LMCE to turn off its DHCP server I restarted and now it keeps bringing up a black screen that says "Orbiter cannot register with the router. please try again later." then crashes back to desktop. It keeps bringing up that same black page every 20 seconds or so and keeps crashing back to desktop.
My question is, do I absolutely have to enable LMCE to run as a DHCP server? I hope not.
If I don't have to run it as a DHCP server then how do I make the black screen go away?
If I do need to have DHCP enabled, how do I go back in and turn it on again given that fact that I cannot access the web admin page anymore?

On a separate note, I also hate having to log into Kubuntu every time my computer starts. Is there a way to make Kubuntu log-in automatically?

Thanks in advance for your help.

mojoJOJO

• View Profile
Re: Orbiter cannot register with the router. please try again later.?
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 05:12:52 pm »
OK....after a bit of playing around I found out that I can still access the web admin page and that changing the DHCP status of LMCE was not what was causing the problem. I changed it back to DHCP just to be sure and it still did the same thing after restarting.
I have found other posts on this forum about people with the same problem, but none of those were of much use. Could somebody please give me some ideas of what to do in order to fix this. I am totally new to linux so please be gentle with me.
If posting any log files will help, please let me know what log files (as well as how to access them in order to post them.....lol) and I will be happy to provide them.
Thanks in advance

mojoJOJO

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 05:26:19 pm »
OK....after a bit more thorough searching through the forums I discovered this post.........

I've seen this error before if the Asterisk was disabled:
go to the web admin page (type your core's IP in a browser) and from the upper menu, choose wizard / devices / core and see if the 'Asterisk' check-box is checked.
Once I've checked it again, at the next reload, the error dissappeared.

But it might be another reason for it, too.

Which seemed to fix the problem. Now lets see what problems crop up next...........................

Wiseguy

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 07:34:09 pm »
Wow thanks for taking the time to post the solution.  I have the exact same problem.  Will try this fix out tonight - way cool.

Cruz

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 12:08:12 am »
Had the same problem after I disabled Asterisk. I figured I didn't need it as I'm not using any of the telephony options.

When the Orbiter register error occured, I wanted to change it back in the admin website, but if i tick the checkbox (under core something) and press save, I get an error message saying it failed. (Nothing more specific I'm afraid)

Tried to see if there was anything in logfiles but I couldn't find it.
Tips anyone?

PS: Using MCE1.1

Cruz

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 10:09:41 pm »
For future reference:

The problem was caused by the fact that the core services weren't running while the changes were being made.
After I started the core services ('Start Core service' button), changing the setting did work without any errors.