Author Topic: still problems in ui2 alpha-blended  (Read 4897 times)

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
  • DOES work for LinuxMCE.
    • View Profile
still problems in ui2 alpha-blended
« on: September 10, 2007, 05:31:16 am »
UGH,

I can't seem to activate the full UI2+Alpha blending... nothing shows up behind the control panel...even though the $(@#$@#(%$@# Diagnostics tool works _PERFECTLY_!

I have given up and am using UI2 with Masking, but this _really_ __Really__ sucks! Why is this happening? I have an NVIDIA card that is supported, and it DID work the very first time I installed LinuxMCE..but I had to reinstall it to put it on the production hard disk, and it doesn't work anymore.. All the right xorg.conf configurations are there, and the Extensions are enabled (Render and Composite), so really, WHAT THE HELL?!

*cries*

-Thom
 >:(  ???    :'(

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
Re: still problems in ui2 alpha-blended
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 08:47:49 am »
How did you install? DVD or CDs? Did you change drivers?
I have discovered for me that if I start fiddling everything disintegrates fast the more I try to fix. I keep my media on a separate disk and I can install from the DVD fast. Most of the backup/restore works so the pain isn't great. You will need to manually reinstall any floorplan images. There may be a few other small things to check for.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 04:13:37 pm »
How did you install? DVD or CDs? Did you change drivers?
I have discovered for me that if I start fiddling everything disintegrates fast the more I try to fix. I keep my media on a separate disk and I can install from the DVD fast. Most of the backup/restore works so the pain isn't great. You will need to manually reinstall any floorplan images. There may be a few other small things to check for.

1. from CD, both times
2. no, same NVIDIA based drivers (I have to use the newest vendor drivers)

-Thom

gazlang

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 04:46:16 pm »
I couldn't get anything to display using the vga out on my card, I switched to the dvi out (using a dvi to vga adapter) and it worked!
Weird!

So if you haven't tried switching outputs, maybe its worth a try??

Also check in the Kubuntu display settings that the nvidia driver is selected and that the propertary box is checked. If not, set them and restart the av wizard.
This was the problem when I installed the dvd the 1st time - it had switched back to the vesa driver so that I could only have basic UI settings.

Hope this helps!
AMD Athlon 5800+ X2
Asus M2N-SLI-Deluxe
2x Corsair XMS6400 DDR2 512mb
Samsung 400GB SATA + 500GB SATA
nVidia GeForce 7300GT
Hauppauge Nova-T 500
Hauppauge PVR-500
Thermaltake low-noise 450w PSU
Thermaltake Bach Case w/ imon vfd
Fiire Remote
UIRT

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 05:06:19 pm »
The new driver, 100.14.11, may have some problems. I tried it once and blew up the installation. I have an HDMI motherboard here I will be working on and I'll see if I get the same problems.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 07:33:20 pm »
Yes it is worth noting that on cards with two connectors, one of them being VGA, CRT-0 is actually the DVI connector with a VGA adaptor on it. Again, that's not the problem i'm having... the display shows, but I can't see the screen saver, or the media player behind the orbiter.

*hmm*

1audio

• Addicted
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 09:14:01 pm »
First, which Orbiter version? (UI1 UI2 overlay or UI2 Blended?)
Second, can you see anything through the orbiter? (UI2 only, UI1 blocks everything)
Third, do you hear the audio playing?

Not that this would necessarily fix it but I would go to the media director panel in web admin and try other relevant video driver selections. Sometimes it may just reload things in the right order.

tschak909

• LinuxMCE God
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 09:21:51 pm »
I am attempting UI2 Blended.. I AM able to successfully use UI2 Masked (I mentioned this already!), I can hear sound, I just can't see anything through the orbiter.

:-(

-Thom

First, which Orbiter version? (UI1 UI2 overlay or UI2 Blended?)
Second, can you see anything through the orbiter? (UI2 only, UI1 blocks everything)
Third, do you hear the audio playing?

Not that this would necessarily fix it but I would go to the media director panel in web admin and try other relevant video driver selections. Sometimes it may just reload things in the right order.