Just went through some hours of 1.1 Beta install.. phew. Anyway I earlier had a problem where install didn't want me to use nv driver with my Geforce2 GTS/Pro card. I managed to switch over to the propriatary and get KDE working and I could go on with install.
Then I rebooted and to my surprise, KDE refuse to start. I check the log file and it tell me that the kernel module for nvidia driver got another version than the other one and that they have to match.
Now.. what in the freaking fracken hot duck had to mess with my drivers so that there is a version missmatch!?
This is starting to become a pain and I am stubborn.. a lot ^^
Then again it is beta so I shouldn't really expect it to work like a charm.
But, I am a gnome user regularly. I turn to synaptic and search it a lot out of lazyness. With KDE I kinda miss that at a first glance and instead turn to usual apt-get and so on. So I am pretty confused what to do here.
How do I get the kernel module driver match with xorgs module it loads?
I went on anyway and ran the dpkg-reconfigure for the xserver and xorg, and reverted back to nv. So atm I am kicking LMCE up with those even if it complains just to see what happens
Edit: Still no luck. I got the nvidia-legacy drivers working perfectly before install of Linux MCE. Then when it is ready and rebooting, the KDE login screen aren't shown and it hangs with cursor in upper left corner.
I alt+F2 to console and check the Xorg log file and it tells me there is a mismatch of version between API Nvidia module and the Xserver module. So I was adviced to go into /etc/default/linux common etc and add "nvidia_legacy nvidia_new" to it.
Reboot and it still hangs, but this time the log file tell it failed to load Nvidia module and probe tell there is no nvidia in xorg.conf.
I lack important skills here, I think. I am pretty confused to say the least.
Oh I tried download the proprietary drivers from Nvidia and install them and started the install. It told it was missing kernel module and tried getting a possible build from nvidia, which failed. Then tried to build it and that also failed.
Might not be much info, but if there are specific info needed, ask me for it and I'll fix it almost in a flash (I think).