Author Topic: Installing LMCE on VMWare Server  (Read 3059 times)

Thom 98

• View Profile
Installing LMCE on VMWare Server
« on: May 20, 2007, 07:25:11 pm »
Hi. I tried installing LMCE 1.1 on a VMWare Server. The installation of Kubuntu 7.04 went all right and everything seems to work fine. Now I added 2 CD-ROM Divices in the Virtual Machine Settings: One with the iso of the lmce1.1-packages, one with the cache-files.
Then I booted the Virtual machine and the 2 CD-Roms appeared on the desktop. So I went into the packages-cd and installed the LMCE-installer. The icon appaered on the desktop and I klicked it to start the installation. Now comes my problem:
During the installation the setup first asks for the cach-cd. I tell it, that it's in the drive and klick forward. Then a screen comes up: Caching Ubuntu extra CD. When this is finished, i'm asked to insert the LMCE installation cd with the packages. I do this and I can view ths cd when I klick on the icon on the desktop, gut when I klick forward in the setup, there is an errormessage saying that the cd could not be cached. When I klick ok the installation is stoped.
The funny thing is, that when I reboot my virtual machine, the cache-cd can not be cached, but the installtioncd can. Then, if I reboot again, it's again the other way around: the cache-files-cd can be cached, but not the installtioncd.

Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Eirik

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Installing LMCE on VMWare Server
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 07:47:03 pm »
Try either using a single CD drive and swap the iso's between them, or copy the .iso's directly onto the image and point to them instead of the drive.