LinuxMCE looks really interesting, and I really want to install it in my house. I just had a few questions. I drew up how I would like my media directors/core:
1. I was wondering if having that one media director hooked up over wi-fi would allow it to stream movies/tv from the core, or if it wouldn't have a fast enough connection.
2. Can I have the core hooked up to the switch, or does it NEED two network cards. I saw that you had a diagram of a hybrid hooked up to a switch in the wiki, but I didn't know if it would work with a core.
3. Seeing as I wouldn't be using all the features that linux MCE has to offer, would using linux MCE be overkill?
4. Can I hook up a usb webcam (I know it works with linux, I have it installed on my ubuntu box) to the core and be able to look at it from the other two computers? If not the core, can I hook it up to a media director, and look at it on both media directors?
5. I've already got a good amount of movies ripped as .avi, can I put them on the core and use them with linux mce? if not, can I do that with any file types?