Author Topic: Intercom and MythTV  (Read 3615 times)

Provide

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Intercom and MythTV
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:17:27 pm »
I realize I've already posted about MCE's intercom feature. Regardless, consider the following scenario:

Core w/ MCE 1.1 minimum (just core software installed, nothing installed to make it a media director), no problems installing. Two diskless machines have successfully booted from the core (we'll call them MD1 and MD2, both identical machines in terms of hardware. Audio works.)

1) Intercom: I want to be able to talk into MD1 and have my voice heard on MD2.
           -How exactly is this done step by step? From MD1, I've tried Intercom --> place call to MD2 --> place call from MD1 and it loops me back to the screen asking where I wish to place the call to.
           -How can I test if the built in microphone is even working?
           -Do I need a mailbox configured first?

2) MythTV: I want to watch TV from MD1 or MD2 from the core which has a TV tuner card
           -Do I need the full MCE install?

Thanks in advance.

ddamron

• Alumni
  • wants to work for LinuxMCE
    • View Profile
    • My LinuxMCE User Page
Re: Intercom and MythTV
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 03:17:11 am »
Sorry dude, I haven't got that far.. hehe
I've been trying to concentrate on other parts.. don't know much about asterisk...
you might try checking out the asterisk forums...

FWIW,
Dan
The only intuitive interface is the nipple.  After that it's all learned.
My other computer is your windows box.
I'm out of my mind.  Back in 5 minutes.
Q:  What's Red and smells like blue paint?

A:  Red Paint.

Provide

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Intercom and MythTV
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 11:21:55 pm »
Here's what I've learned so far:

Rebuilt MCE 1.1 only this time I went for broke and installed everything (which meant having a hybrid core/media director). No problems.

The intercom function simply does *not* work not matter what combination of buttons I click.

From the core, I can dial direct to MD#1 from the core and everything works; I can talk to someone sitting at MD#1 through the core. The same intercom loop I mentioned above is still present. For example, click the Intercom button from the core and click MD#1 when asked who you would like to call. At the next screen, you'll be asked where you would like to call from. Choose to "place a call from here" does absolutely nothing. If you choose to place the call from the core, it loops you back to the previous screen asking you whom you'd like to call. Broadcasting to all media directors does nothing but send you to a screen with a clickable button marked "End Broadcast".

If I can directly dial a MD, the intercom should work by contrast.

As for MythTV, it detects my card as HT878. I admit I haven't worked with MythTV very much and I haven't actually researched whether or not this card will even work with MythTV.

I'll keep plugging away.