General > Installation issues

Installing LinuxMCE 1.1

(1/6) > >>

Niels:
Hallo,

I have installed Kubuntu okee.
And i have the 2 linuxmce CD's but i do not understand what i need to do now,
What do i do to install it?
I'm not a Linux user more a Windows(tm) user. And i expect that i insert a CD and the installation starts.
When not i need to find a Readme file that tells me what i need to do.
I missing both of them,

Can some one help?

thanks

ddamron:
if you stick the disc in the drive, open (or mount) the drive, (you;ll get a CDROM icon on your screen)
right click the mce-installer_2.0.1-1_i386.deb file and select Kubuntu Package Menu, and Install Package.

That will put an icon on your screen.  Click that icon to start the installation.

cckrobinson:
Can I install 1.1 over top of 1.0?  It sounds like 1.1 has a new installer, it uses Kubuntu, can run in a window, etc.  Am I better off completely removing 1.0 before I install or does the new installer take care of it?

I don't see any mention of this anywhere.  I know it's beta, but most of us probably already have a previous installation on their box.

ddamron:
That's because your running Ubuntu 6.10, not KUBUNTU 7.04 - best to reinstall OS

Download the KUBUNTU FIESTY DVD

Eirik:
Just did a backup via the Admin web panel to prep for the 1.1 install and looking inside the .tgz file there is no backup of the mythconverg tables, and I don't think Asterisk's tables are in there either.

Might be a good idea to take a backup of the entire database if your going to wipe the system. ;)

mysqldump --all-databases | gzip > /home/public/backup.sql.gz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version