Author Topic: Custom resolution  (Read 5624 times)

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Custom resolution
« on: May 13, 2007, 04:25:47 pm »
I just read in some post that the resolutions available via the setup gui are the only ones available? Is there really no way to put in a mode line that you know works?

I have my TV connected via a RGB-SCART cable and none of the resolutions in LinuxMCE support that. I would hate not to use that cable since the image quality is FAAAR better than any composite or svideo cable.

Can I change the modelines in xorg.conf.pluto or will that one be overwritten? Can I add a modeline in any database table to have it available in the web gui?

/peter

Andreaz

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Custom resolution
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 11:34:22 pm »
You can add modlines in xorg.conf.pluto.Works like a charm. Make a copy, cos if you run the avwizard it will overwrite it. ;-)

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:39:45 am »
Thanks, i'll do that and maybe try to chmod 444 that file to prevent it from being overwritten ;o)

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 11:13:32 am »
Ahh, just remembered one more of my concerns regarding the initial post.

Will the Orbiter GUI be rescaled accordingly as well if I just change the xorg.conf.pluto file?

The widescreen resolution I want to use is 1024x576 (16:9 non HD), works perfect in my old MythTV setup, UI rescales fine and so on.

Will that happen automagically as well in LinuxMCE?

Andreaz

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 01:14:08 pm »
Almost :-)
I had some problems with the orbiter and size. After some hours searching web and local config-files, i tried changing to UI1, then back up to UI2. That did the trick. Think i tried "Full Regen." of Orbiter first also, but not sure. Anyway, try full regen. first. Will save u some time if it works :-)

I myself now have some trouble getting xine to play with correct aspect ratio. DVD movies getting played in 4:3. And some of my Xvid movies looks like they are played tilted and stretched?!. Most of the other xvid/divx movies work, even plays in 16:9.

Strange.

Maybe some config. script that should be run to setup xine, as i didn't use AVWizard_Run.sh.

Let me hear from you if you also get this problem...

posterberg

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 03:14:58 pm »
I will share my results with the community ;o)

MasterC

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 05:18:41 am »
Thanks, i'll do that and maybe try to chmod 444 that file to prevent it from being overwritten ;o)

Maybe better luck with chattr (i or a maybe).

-Chad