Author Topic: hardware supported  (Read 4544 times)

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
hardware supported
« on: June 01, 2005, 01:43:19 am »
Hello,

Do you have a list of all the hardware devices supported?  I've been reading up on your product and it seems too good to be true.   My "pre-wired" new house is almost done and I will start shopping for the equipment.  It would surely save alot hassle with the correct equipments.  Obviously, I am interested in the main category of lighting, hvac,  ip camera, audio/video, phone, etc. Or atleast your recomendation of best of breed for those category that will work well with Pluto.

Sorry if the list lives somewhere already.

thanks,
mike

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
hardware supported
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 10:19:57 am »
here you can find a list with the devices that Pluto can control
http://plutohome.com/index.php?section=compatibility

Regarding our recommendations:
- apex destiny security panels;
- lights: X10 is cheap, but vantage is better
the rest is up to you

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
hardware supported
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 11:43:26 am »
Thank you much for your quick response. Looks like most of the same equipments from Premises Systems that I originally planned to use. I already purchased Lutron RadioRA, Rain8PC, Caddx 8e.  For keypad/tablet, I just found out about http://www.redradio.com/ ... which seems promising. Members are welcome to chime in with recomendation of hardware. Budget is always an issue, but I rather try to use the best of breed as much as possible.

Also as a software developer myself, I don't mine diving in to write additional driver/module if needed.

thanks again,
Mike

archived

• Hello, I'm new here
    • View Profile
hardware supported
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 09:48:51 am »
Did you ever get any of those devices?  Let us know how it's working.  We don't have a lot of support in Pluto 2 yet, so if you have problems we'll help get it going.