Author Topic: LINUXMCE Installation Failed  (Read 3361 times)

neji

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
LINUXMCE Installation Failed
« on: May 11, 2007, 09:26:52 am »
Hello All, it is the first time i use Linux and i have no idea how to troubleshoot, after installing Ubentub i installed LINUXMCE but i got this error message, please help. Here is last part of the log file

Paramétrage de lshwd (2.0-rc4-1pluto11) ...

Paramétrage de tee-pluto (1.0) ...
Sélection du paquet pluto-boot-scripts précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 93024 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Dépaquetage de pluto-boot-scripts (à partir de .../pluto-boot-scripts_1.0_i386.deb) ...
Sélection du paquet mysql-server-5.0 précédemment désélectionné.
Dépaquetage de mysql-server-5.0 (à partir de .../mysql-server-5.0_5.0.24a-9ubuntu2_i386.deb) ...
rpcinfo: ne peut contacter l'aiguilleur de ports: RPC: erreur système sur l'hôte cible - Connexion terminée par expiration du délai d'attente
rpcinfo: ne peut contacter l'aiguilleur de ports: RPC: erreur système sur l'hôte cible - Connexion terminée par expiration du délai d'attente
Sélection du paquet mysql-server précédemment désélectionné.
Dépaquetage de mysql-server (à partir de .../mysql-server_5.0.24a-9ubuntu2_all.deb) ...
Paramétrage de mysql-server-5.0 (5.0.24a-9ubuntu2) ...
 * Stopping MySQL database server mysqld       
[ ok ]
 * Starting MySQL database server mysqld       
[fail]
invoke-rc.d: initscript mysql, action "start" failed.
dpkg : erreur de traitement de mysql-server-5.0 (--configure) :
 le sous-processus post-installation script a retourné une erreur de sortie d'état 1
dpkg : des problèmes de dépendances empêchent la configuration de mysql-server :
 mysql-server dépend de mysql-server-5.0 ; cependant :
 Le paquet mysql-server-5.0 n'est pas encore configuré.
dpkg : erreur de traitement de mysql-server (--configure) :
 problèmes de dépendances - laissé non configuré
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
 mysql-server-5.0
 mysql-server
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

ERROR : Failed to install and configure the base software

mikeofaustin

• Regular Poster
    • View Profile
Re: LINUXMCE Installation Failed
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 10:27:26 pm »
Unfortunitly, because of the "nature of the beast", the best way to debug something in linux, is to first understand linux.  Linux is not an operating system where someone simply inserts a CD and reboot's and bam - there it is.  It's trying to head in that directly, but its not totally there yet.   It's unfortunite that the video shown on the internet advertising linuxmce, has created a rush of new people on the linux boards, congesting and burdening forums and people as well as themselves with questions about "Hey, it's not working like the video says".   Well, I'm sure everyone in the world will agree with me when the I say that the guy in the video just downright lied. Maybe that's a little too extreme of a word. Perhaps I should say, He just down right misled everyone. 

Long story short (too late), its going to take some googling, and searching this forum for some 'tips and tricks' to installing.  Personally, I've gone with myth tv, and am waiting ever so patiently for version 1.1 to come out (which I wouldn't be suprised if it were called 2.0).  One things for sure, if you plan on getting this going, be prepared to spend many nights up late, and destroying entire weekends to getting this working.

Looking at the brighter side of it all, perhaps this LMCE will get other programmers involved.  In fact, I'm a C guy (not c++), and I'm getting ready to dive into the code fairly soon myself.

neji

• Making baby steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 06:19:11 pm »
Thank you for your big help mike   :). But it doesn't fix my problem  >:(

ansuess

• First post!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 11:34:47 am »
It happend to me too.

Look if your network is started. If not.. there is no portmapper and you can't stop or start.