Author Topic: Some EIB-questions  (Read 3753 times)

avajon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Some EIB-questions
« on: May 07, 2007, 12:56:41 pm »
Hi,

since 3 weeks i live in my new house - full of EIB - stuff Very Happy
After some troubles to connect with the linuxmce Server it is working really great - (i had a wrong BCU)
But now there are some questions:

1.) I can't put my lights on the floorplan. They are not in the list. Thermostats are working. Does anybody know how to put the lights on it?

2.) When i dimm my light to 50% with linuxmce it works very fine. Then i turn on the light with my light-switch (EIB) - this works also. But when i then try to dimm my light 10% less it goes to 40% and not 90%. The reason is: linuxmce don't update the state of the light - switch when i change it with the EIB-Switch. Is it possible to listen to the bus an update the state of the light-switches? (the same problem occours with drapes)

3.) I need to send every hour the recent Date/Time to the bus because i have to update the Clocks in the Thermostats. My idea was to make a new Timed Event and send the Date/Time from the lmce to the groupaddress. But i can send only a hardcoded String. What should use to send the system-time?

Yeah, i think that were the most recent questions. I'll hope somebody can answer some of them Smile

best wishes from vienna
avajon

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Some EIB-questions
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 02:02:04 pm »
do you have the lights in web admin-> Lights?
Read the F****** Logs!!!

avajon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 02:04:58 pm »
do you have the lights in web admin-> Lights?

yes and they are also working. do i have to set first the PK_FloorplanObjectType?

sharlee_angelo

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 05:07:26 pm »
yes, do that. on my system it worked.
Read the F****** Logs!!!